Tuesday, January 9, 2018
The 2nd grade unit on Journeys focuses on places we have been and made connections as well as geography. We are using the Google tool Tour Builder in order to document an event in our lives using Google Earth.
Monday, January 8, 2018
Grade 4 is learning to use Google Forms in order to create a survey for their current unit of inquiry.
- Create a new form
- Formulate 10 questions using short answer, multiple choice, checkboxes, dropdown, linear scale
The students are creating an 'About Me' Project on Scratch.
They were instructed to include the following:
- Use an original image of themselves
- At least 3 pieces of information about themselves (at least one is written)
- Sound (a recording and a Scratch sound)
- Set of Instructions. See example here.
Here are some resources:
- Introductory Video Tutorials
- Scratch Cards - quick ways to learn code
- Starter Projects - edit and add on to these starter projects
Check out our final project by opening the Padlet below.
Now that Grade 5 has learned some coding skills, it is time to use Scratch and make a small project like the example I have shown.
- Click on this image to access Scratch
- Select 'Join Scratch' in the upper right-hand corner
- User your CIS username as the username (for example, 28cm) and your Gmail password to get an account
- Fill in your responses to the questions Scratch would like answered
Watch the 'Getting Started' video
Next, try some coding by following the step-by-step instructions on the right-hand side of the page and start making a Scratch project.
- Title your now untitled project and save your work by selecting the 'File' drop down menu in the upper left corner of your project
- Log out